The library has a rich collection of around 5010 titles and 9025 volumes pertaining to the needs of the users. Magazine & journals are being subscribed, apart from five newspapers (English & Tamil). The library reading hall in the ground floor has the capacity to accommodate around 50 users. The E-learning section in the ground floor caters to the digital needs of the users with respect to academic content requirements. NPTEL web video courses and NITTTR developed E-learning CD’S are some of the resources available for students and staff. All facilities are available in the library for optimum use of resources by the users. .
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE LIBRARY.
- 1. Air conditioned library.
- 2. E-Learning section with multimedia projector and screen are available.
- 3. All activities of library computerized using ‘MODERNLIB’, a library management software.
- 4. CCTV installed in the library.
- 5. All books Bar coded.
- 6. 8 computer systems, 2 printers and one 40”T.V are available.
- 7. Reprographic facility has been provided to facilitate taking of photo copies.
- 1. Open Access system is followed in the library.
- 2. Maximum three books can be borrowed by the user.
- 3. Maximum 2 renewals allowed for a book.
- 4. Newspapers, Magazines & Journals are not lent out. They should be referred to in the library only.
- 5. A book can be retained by the borrower for a period of 14 days. Overdue books attract a fine of Rs.0.50 per day of default.
- 6. All users are expected to maintain silence in the library.
- 7. OPAC (On Line Public Access Catalogue) available. Users may refer to this to get the required book and to know their status.
- 8. Library bar coded identity card should be shown to library staff when ever demanded.
- 9. All users should scan their library bar coded ID cards while coming inside the library & while going outside the library. A computer system with scanner is provider for this purpose at the entrance of the library.
- 10. Readers are requested to maintain the library resources properly, as it is to be used by other users also.
- 11. Personal belonging of the users should be kept in the space provided for it in the library (valuables not to be kept in their bags)